The programme will take place in the counties just to the north of London. Outdoor activities will be based at a professionally-managed water sports centre. Activities will include an introduction to canoeing / kayaking / rafting / climbing / caving / orienteering / archery & fencing.
All safety equipment e.g. buoyancy aids / helmets will be provided.
English. For safety reasons, a working knowledge of English is required.
8th July to 22nd July 2017.
Two applicants, male or female, preferably one of each - age 15 to 17.
Must be under 18 on 22 July 2017.
1st week Rotarian family – 2nd week Youth Hostel
Cost to be paid by Applicants:
Costs to / from point of arrival in London. £300 (Sterling) for activities, plus personal spending money.
Participants must bring a personal insurance certificate, covering sickness, accident, theft and third party risks, in accordance with minimum cover as required by Rotary International.
Please submit application forms to Rotarian Alan Doggett at alan.doggett (at) ntlworld.com
- Saturday July 8th - guests arrive. Home Hospitality week until Saturday July 15th - afternoon transfer to youth hostel and settle in Sunday July 16th get to know the area and local activity
- Monday / Tuesday / Wednesday 17th - 19th professionally managed activities, as above
- Thursday July 20th Full day sightseeing in Cambridge
- Friday July 21st Full day sightseeing in London.
- Friday July 21st - evening barbecue / farewell party.
- Saturday July 22nd - packing then depart hostel for home.