Application for Residence Permit

Guidance and documents for application process for Inbound Students

It is mandatory for all students coming to Denmark for more that 90 days to apply for a residence permit.

Even if it is permitted for some students to enter Denmark on a tourist's visa, students from certain countries require a visa before they can enter Denmark. You find the exact list on

The application for residence permit is made online.

IMPORTANT: The application process is started by Rotary. You need a Rotary Case ID to complete the process. Check your email and the communication regarding this.

The official website is

Below you find a Guide and documents to use in the process.

Guide for students to apply for residence permit

Power of attorney to add to your application in order to allow Rotary Denmark to inquire about the application.

Declaration form To add to your application to confirm that your application is made by you.

GOING TO Greenland and Faroe Islands

Students going to Faroe Islands and Greenland must have a visa BEFORE they can enter Denmark. Denmark is a part of the Schengen countries, whereas Faroe Islands and Greenland is not.

Application for residence permit is FREE (no fee required) for Greenland and Faroe Islands.

Are you EU Citizen
If you hold an European passport the application process is different.
You must use the OD1 application and apply for Study.
There is no fee for EU citizens 

Go to and read more.