What further advice would you give to the next batch of exchange students?" We asked this question to some of the earlier exchange students when they gathered from all over Denmark for a party. Here are some of their answers:
- Come with an open mind.
- The food is completely different from what I am used to - a lot more fatty and a lot more of it, unfortunately!
- You should not bring too many clothes with you, because they won't fit after 3 months!
- It can be difficult to find a Catholic church.
- Be willing to accept a different way of living.
- If you smoke - try to stop. Cigarettes cost a fortune.
Rotary students show their love for Rotary, wearing their heart on their sleeves as well as their lapels.
We could mention a lot of things, but let us repeat the last and the first. Smile! That means bring your good sense of humour and a positive attitude with you and you will find many good friends in Denmark. And come with an open mind.
A few exchange students have returned home early in the year. They thought everyone should comply to their wishes and that everything would be as it is at home. In other words they did not truly understand the purpose of being an exchange student.
But if you come with an open mind, you will have a marvellous time in our country.