Arranged by Ølgod Rotary Club and Varde Rotary Club.
- The Danish West Coast - site seeing event with main focus on the nature, culture and history visiting the beaches of the western coast and the historical sites from World War 2.
- Ribe – the oldest city of Denmark with its roots from time of the Vikings.
- Esbjerg – the capital of the region with its port and offshore industry in particular the handling and export of large wind turbines.
- Visit to a Danish farm and insight of the local agriculture
- Visit to Legoland
- Participation in the local 2 days music festival “Open Air” in the town of Varde
For the initial 3-4 days we will stay with local Rotary families and the rest of the time we will be accommodated in classrooms at a local school. The address is Mejlsvej 45, 6800 Varde.
If you have any special requirements (vegetarian, allergies etc.) please let us know prior to arrival.
Sign up through your local Rotary Club and they will forward your participation notice to the Chairman for Short term Exchange Program, Denmark: Jakob Volther, cm-st (at) rotary-yep.net.
- Deadline for registration is 01st May 2019
- The event is for young people age 18 – 22.
- A limit of one girl and one boy from each Rotary district will be preferred and we can only accommodate 20 participants
- Camp fee is 140 EUR per person, to be paid upon our acceptance of your registration
Please note that you need to provide your own transport to Billund Airport or the train station in Esbjerg, where we will arrange for meet and greet by local Rotarians.
And in addition you need to ensure that you have correct personal insurance, tourist/ visiting visa if required and allowance.
We are looking forward to seeing you.
gertthygesen (at) gmail.com