Summer Camp: Music and photography.
Kiteen Kansanopisto, The Evangelical Folk High School of Kitee,
http://www.kiteenkansanopisto.fi/in-english. Kitee is 400 kilometers northeast of Helsinki, near eastern border of Finland. More information on the websites: Kitee
Jul 7th – Jul 21th, 2018.
Camp Period Jul 7th - Jul 15th
Family Period Jul 15th - Jul 21th
Joensuu Airport, Jul 7th via Helsinki. Transport by car to Kitee.
Joensuu Airport, Jul 21th via Helsinki. Transport back to Joensuu Airport.
Finnair (http://www.finnair.fi) have flights between Helsinki and Joensuu.
16-20 participants, interested in music, photography and outdoor activities.
17 - 20 years
Three teachers are responsible for the teaching of music: music teacher Plamen Dimov, recorder Jivko Koev and vocal coach Elmas Mehmet.
The participants do not need to have strong musical skills. It is sufficient if you have the desire to perform and work in the studio. Both instrumentalists as well as singers are welcome.
Participants have the opportunity to record the selected songs in the Monttu studio (the place where Nightwish band started their career). Each participant rehearse at least one own chosen song and one of the group's common songs. The participants will perform their songs in an evening concert, which will be recorded live on the internet.
Photographer Martti Rosendahl will teach basics of using DSLR camera. Take your own camera with you if you have DSLR camera. Photography sessions both in the beautiful Finnish nature, in the concerts and different settings. By the end of the course you will understand your camera better, you will be off AUTO and taking dramatically better photos.
- Visit to the Kitee Museum
- Kiteenjärvi (=Kitee lake) Tour, where we see how the Nightwish heavy band has originated
- Getting to know Nightwish summer camp Röskö, where Nigthwish's best albums Imagenareum and Endless Forms are recorded.
- Visit to Koli National Park, the place that has attracted many Finnish artists, photographers and nature-lovers over the centuries
- Participation in Kitee International Music and Art Festival concerts
- o 11.7. Iiro Rantala jazz concert
- o 12.7. Sleeping Sun concert (Nigthwish, world music, Sibelius)
- o 14.7. An Open Air Concert at Kitee market square, where participants can present the songs they have trained
- o 15.7. Rotary concert in Kipakka, where participants can present the songs they have trained, after which Vivaldi Metal Project Concert:
- Acoustic Vivaldi.
The Evangelical folk high school of Kitee organizes the program and controls it for the whole time, including night watchmen (rotaries also act as supervisors). The concerts are organized by the Kitee International Art
Forum and the campers have free access to them.
The participants will spend the second week together with the host families to get an idea of the Finnish way of life.
Your personal medication and suitable clothing for outdoors activities and hiking. The daytime temperature is typically between 15 – 25 °C. Water temperature is around 20 °C. Take your swimming suit with you.
Participants pay their own costs to and from Joensuu and shall have their own pocket money. Organizing Rotaries will meet the student in the airport and will take care of all ground transportations in Finland.
Participants must have a valid insurance policy in case of sickness and injury. We urge the student to purchase the insurance from CISI Bolduc which is approved by Rotary. Select “Plan B” from the offered options.
The applicant must use the official Rotary Youth Exchange – Short-Term Exchange Program (STEP) Application form when applying to the camp.
The deadline for the applications is 15th April, 2018.
Aimo Turunen e-mail: aeturunen.d1430 (at) gmail.com
phone: +358 40 027 5928
SEND ALL APPLICATIONS TO:
Torsti Poutanen phone: +358 44 290 7489
email: torsti.poutanen (at) kolumbus.fi